[Dailydrool] Boredom

Helena Mitchell helenam345 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:54:12 PDT 2013

Hello to all droolers. Love the pages every day, some sad some very
amusing. I think I am learning alot about my 18month Basset - Cindy -. I
got her three months ago and I've fallen madly in love with her. Before she
came to us she had been kept outdoors, never had any walks or toys. Now she
is being walked daily but she does not know what to do with toys. She goes
berserk at walkies time then she seems to spend the rest of the day either
wanting belly rubs (which unfortunately I cannot do all day) or goes to
sleep. We bought a kong toy (looks like a ball) and put treats in it. She
was interested until the treats were eaten then didn't take an interest in
it even though we kept rolling it around for her. How do we keep her
occupied or how do we get her to play with toys? She has two obsessions -
food and walkies. If she played with toys things would be alot easier. Can
anyone help with hints for me. Take care everyone. - Helena Mitchell