[Dailydrool] to Nan & other "talkers"

Michele H. micheyellow at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 13:48:44 PDT 2013

Re: to Nan & those with "talkers"

We adopted Otis (ATB) when he was about 1 y/o, and till the time he passed, he never got his "bay" or "howl" voice, but he DID talk to us with whines, mumbles, grumbles, little woofs, big woofs, harrumpphs (when he didn't get his way).  Even when we'd get together with other bassets and the singing/howling would commence, he still never did the full basset bay.  The closest he came, he was dreaming one night and started an almost-howl, that was it.  It's been almost 2 yrs since he died, and I miss his voice.  Hug those hounds!
Michele Harris