[Dailydrool] Well, they've got me trained

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 21:28:28 PDT 2013

For awhile, our feeding schedule has been breakfast at 6 AM, lunch at noon, and dinner at 6 PM. This schedule has not been entirely to the liking of Bo and Harley. Bo would like breakfast a little earlier--he starts agitating for breakfast at 4 AM ( though his brother Harley will often sleep in until 9 AM and skip breakfast if allowed to do so).
  So this idiot mom person gets up at 4:30 or 5 AM, in a ridiculous attempt to sustain human sleep, and gives Bo a "pre-breakfast" snack of a tablespoon or two of kibble to tide him over until breakfast, and Then stumbles back into bed for a last hour of sleep.
 Lunch goes okay, though it creeps up to 11 Am some days.
 then there is a huge push at 3pm by Bo for an afternoon snack. another tablespoon of kibble. Lucky mom works from home. Harley can't be bothered. He's in afternoon nap mode.
  but dinner time has changed. It used to be 6 pm. Somehow it has crept up to 4:30 pm. I know it is mealtime because first Bo moans and groans and whines, and then finally Harley can't stand it any longer and jumps into my lap (even if I am at the sewing machine or computer) and smothers me with kisses telling me it is mealtime. so now they have dinner at 4:30.
  Okay. but then they are hungry at 9 pm and need a snack before bedtime walkies. 0kay.
  I just realized today that instead of feeding the hounds three times a day, I am now feeding them (or at least Bo the Emperor), six times a day, not counting biscuits!
  To be fair, I have adjusted portion sizes so that neither hound has gained weight and both are acceptable weights for their frames, but talk about slave training! My husband just laughs at me.
 Bo's hernia surgery is Monday. I am already trembling about denying him his 4:30AM snack and 6 AM breakfast the day of his surgery. I am sure I will pay a penalty.