[Dailydrool] Little Nikki

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 14:50:56 PDT 2013

I am wondering droolers thoughts about this.  In the past Nikki has had random events where she will yelp, circle and then lick herself, usually in the rear legs.  The couple of times when it initially happened, it was spaced apart at by several months, and each time she was brought to the Vet, and nothing was found amiss.  She was given tramadol, and by the next day she would be fine.  This probably started 4 years ago, and she is 6 now.  The pattern is accelerating. This year alone, she has had an event every month, and roughly exactly a month apart.  She was at the Vet  Feb. 12 for this, March 12 and now today, she had events 11am, 2pm, 3:15, 4:15 and 5.  Since it started this morning she has had both tramadol and rimadyl.  I didn't bring her to the Vet today, but I did report the incidents.  For a change, today she both licked her rump and her front legs, and each time she had slight trembling.  In the past, we thought there was the possibility that she was having a form of sciatica pain, but now we are introducing the thought it may be a type of seizure.  She doesn't collapse, but she gets a "stoned" look in her face, but that could be the pain medicine working.  Any ideas?
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd