[Dailydrool] Bo back from surgery

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 14:53:48 PDT 2013

Bo is home now from his hernia surgery and "resting" (read zonked). About 20 stitches internally and externally and a definite Frankendog vibe. Leaking like nobody's business and partially turned inside out at the rear because of swelling. Heavens, what a mess. I am on nursing duty, swabbing and bandaging and changing pads, greasing and pushing, while also medicating and monitoring. I approve of the medical trend to do surgery on an 'outpatient' basis when possible and send the patient out of the hospital if possible to reduce stress and risk of hospital infection--my vet is of this mind--but yikes! It takes a strong-stomached, steely-nerved, moderately intelligent full time paraprofessional nurse impostor in the home to pull it off. I am impersonating such a person. It is about noon here and I'm pouring a glass of wine. Hey, it's five oclock somewhere, right? Send us good vibes and drool please. A dedicated basset slave, Val, mom to Emperor Bo,
CIC PBF, and Harley (who is pretty subdued too--'Mom, what happened to Bo? Am I safe?')