[Dailydrool] Bo back from surgery

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:07:15 PDT 2013

Oh, I know exactly how you feel! Years ago, Waldo had emergency back
surgery. That went well, but he was so nauseous from the painkillers and
antibiotics that he refused to eat for three weeks. He had to go back to
the hospital, where they put in a feeding tube. Not the easy IV kind, but
one that stuck out the side of his stomach. Six times a day, I needed to
grind up special food into a paste and inject it into the tube with a huge
syringe. Keeping the tube clean was horrendous - not only the food going
in, but blood and other fluids coming out. I'm single and work full-time,
so it was incredibly stressful.

Take care of yourself as well; it won't do Bo any good if you collapse.
Hope he starts doing better soon.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB