[Dailydrool] A corn cob and 2 muddy hounds

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 16:13:02 PDT 2013

Well someone, Rupert we suspect, stole a whole corn on the cob off of the
counter Monday night. Of course we didn't know it until we heard Cowboy
barking incessantly from the other room. Assuming it was a toy dispute, I
finally went to investigate and found both hounds peering under the sofa. I
reach under to grab the "toy" and its actually half of a corncob - all
kernels and half of the cob already eaten!

So of course, knowing they are the perfect size for obstruction, I start
freaking out. The DH denies giving it to them, and we realize that Ru
must've stolen it off the counter since it was covered in butter and
Parmesan. Wasn't sure if we should give him peroxide because I didn't want
him to puke it up and then choke on the cob, so instead we gave them some
bread in hopes that it would pad the cob, if in fact it was whole.

Then yesterday we decided we didn't want to leave them home alone all day,
just in case the cob started causing problems, so we took them with us to
James' family's ranch where they chased bunnies, ran through acres of
alfalfa and rolled in the mud. They had an absolute blast, had no ill
effects from the corn cob, and now think that they are country
dogs.Meanwhile I spent yesterday checking their poops for corn cobs and now
today have to bathe them since they are itchy from the orchards and are
covered in dry mud. Ahhh, the life of the slave...

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert