[Dailydrool] Chaper 1-Huggie Bear's great adventure

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Sun Apr 21 10:17:56 PDT 2013

Gracie Allen, Clyde Kadiddlehopper-get up here quick! The 2 hounds race upstairs from the family room to find Huggie Bear agitated and pacing back and forth in the living room. “What’s the matter HB?”  Huggie Bear stops and turns to look at the 2 of them, “Xandy Bear is driving me crazy! I keep having these crazy dreams about her. Look at the bags under my eyes! Every time I doze off she’s back.” Gracie and Clyde glance at each other and look back at HB. “What are the dreams about”, asked Gracie. “They are crazy”, replied HB. “Take the first one. I had fallen asleep on the couch when all of a sudden the world tilted and slipped and I was standing in the middle of a beautiful flower garden in front of this massive castle. There was loud music pouring from the castle and I could hear laughter and singing. Just as suddenly I was inside. OMD! There was a huge party going on! I swear it looked like that trailer for the new Great Gatsby movie.  The noise, the colors, the music-sensory overload.  Male hounds dressed in tuxes and handsome suits, the girl hounds dressed in bright and colorful dresses wearing beautiful hats and jewels. There was table after table of incredible food and a bar with beautiful glassware and fabulous cocktails. Someone bumped into me and when I turned it was Xandy Bear in this beautiful turquoise flapper dress, several strands of pearls and a cheeky little hat with feathers. I was speechless. I reached out to touch her and I could really feel her. My eyes welled up and she smiled at me and said, ‘Huggie Bear don’t be sad. I miss you too but you can see that everything is okay. Blueberry and I are throwing a castle warming party. It’s been going on since I got here. So many of my friends are here and I’m together with my Prince again.’ Huggie Bear sat down and looked at Gracie and Clyde and said, “It felt so real. Then XB said, ‘Huggie Bear, even though I’m no longer with you there are still many homeless hounds that need your help.  You will have to work with Pawtunia and learn how to Woofle. You will have to push the blondeslave to choose items and get organized even though she’s sad. The first thing that the 3 of you need to do is decide who will wear my dress at the Waddle this year.' Then she was gone and I found myself back on the couch.  I don’t know how to do a Woofle!  What are we going to do? You 2 have to help me and Clyde, see if you can get Pawtunia on the phone.  She didn’t want to do this at first either.”