[Dailydrool] Well, I can't feed Fresh Pet, I guess

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:01:55 PDT 2013

No, it hasn't been recalled but I recently started buying the Fresh Pet dog
food and both Cleo & Quincy LOVE it. Now, little old Cleo has suffered from
allergies all her life, having flare-ups with her whole belly being red &
itchy, and raw, crusty armpits on top of it all. For the last year or so,
I've been cooking chicken and/or beef in the crockpot and adding it to
their kibble. About a month ago, I didn't have anything cooked and I was
going home late, so I stopped in and bought a big roll (looks like a log,
like they do some ground beef) of the Fresh Pet. I added that to their
kibble, and I thought Cleo was going to eat her bowl! I hadn't seen her
that excited about food in a while. BUT, this weekend, I noticed that
during our walks, she was squatting to pee excessively with just a little
dribble here & there. Now with her Cushing's, she pees a lot anyway but
this was above and beyond. Then I discovered that her whole little cootchy
area was red and looked raw and she's been licking at it. She's going to
the doc in the morning, but I'm pretty darn sure it's a UTI or some type of
bladder/kidney infection. AND I discovered a red, raw left armpit too boot.
It HAS to be something in the Fresh Pet. Now this stuff is supposed to be
all natural with no preservatives but maybe it's something in the rice or
whole grain that's making her flare up. Well, BACK to the crockpot cooking
again!

Drool to everyone in need. Please send a little "rash, rash go away" drool
to Cleo.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."