[Dailydrool] Car sick puppy

Kate Lawson clawson at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 22 13:17:44 PDT 2013

Daisy (6 months, 33 lb) becomes seriously sick very quickly after the car motion starts. This is worse than the two other car sick hounds I have had. One quickly out grew it and the other just quietly dealt with it. It did not keep her from enthusiastically getting in the car for whatever adventure awaited.
Daisy, after only a few trips, now fights with all her might to stay out of the car. The Vet has prescribed 60 mg Cerenia for her but the dosage was just an educated guess because the manufacturer recommends vastly different dosages depending on whether the issue is nausea or motion sickness prevention. I have not tried it yet. If anyone has used this effectively I would like to know at which dosage. Also if anyone has found any other remedy to be effective in a hard case I would appreciate knowing.
I would like to be able to recondition her to happily get into the car with treat training and then provide her a more comfortable trip with some anti-nausea remedy.

Thanks in advance for any information,
Kate Lawson, Hamlet, Lucy, Daisy