[Dailydrool] To Doug and Marie

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 25 03:56:19 PDT 2013

Thank you Doug, yes, lately it has been a little tough, but the good news is that Jellybean didn't need to go to the vet.  I gave her cerenia and pepcid ac, and she is back on course.  But what a bumpy road of late, the super storm Sandy, Nigel's eye surgery and after care, JP's recurrence of cancer and his surgery and after care, Max, a forever case and now Nikki, most likely a forever case, and she is only 6.
And of course, I am empathetic to those in Boston who suffered, and I was amazed at the course of action that followed.  To witness the search and arrest had me spellbound, somewhat in fear, and grateful for the success.
I am wondering if I should start to walk Nikki with a halter rather than a collar.  She pulls hard, especially when she sees a bird or squirrel.    Mostly our walks are short in the winter, and although it should be warm here now, it still feels like winter, so it isn't really an issue yet.  I don't know if a harness would be bad for her back as well.
Marie, I really enjoyed your post about your herd.  I will say that my guys are vocal, love affection, drool copiously and have boundaries.  Since I have only bassets at this time, I cannot cross reference breed interactions, but I can say that in the past I have had other breeds, too many to mention, and all had diverse and specific characteristics which were purposeful and endearing.  As I was reading your post, it reminded me that I want a Landseer, and then low and behold, at the end you mentioned yours.  Good to know they get along with bassets, as I will always have a basset.
My sister says when the pack thins, and the inevitable will happen, I should rescue sr. special needs bassets because I am good at taking care of sick dogs.  That may be the plan, and I appreciated that she thinks I can handle it.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and the herd