[Dailydrool] Pack order in our house

Vicki Kerns vickikerns at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:22:18 PDT 2013

Cleo (the queen) is 12 years old & 43 pounds. She is old and wise and an
angel (99.9% of the time). Quincy (the court jester) is 2-1/2 and 70
pounds. Now Quincy is more territorial and has lunged at (and grabbed the
ear of) Cleo if he thought she was going in for his treat. I will do a
"Cesar" on him, get him by the scruff and get him down on the ground and
hold him there until I feel him relax and submit to me (the unwitting pack
leader...yeah right). What really makes me laugh, though, is lately Miss
Cleo seems to claim the couch quite a bit. She will get right in the middle
and when Quincy puts his paws up as if to get up there, I hear a low little
growl coming from her. Quincy looks at me and I'll say "Cle-oooooo". She
will grudgingly move over to one side or the other. I think the old girl is
just showing him who is REALLY the boss around there.

--
Vicki Kerns

  ~≈≈~

  //^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
 _/''*''\_
(/_)^(_\)  ~  "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."