[Dailydrool] I am as putty in your paws

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Apr 30 06:51:14 PDT 2013

Yesterday I proved to myself how much my hounds rule me.

Duncan the c at t has a very small doughnut-style bed covered in plush fabric. Not really big enough for a basset, it has still often housed Horton, who seems to adore cuddle beds and choses them at every opportunity. He crams himself into the cat bed, with his head hanging over the edge, since there's really no room at the inn for it.

So yesterday I looked at this poor, forlorn boy, cramming himself into his borrowed bed that the cat only uses at night. I took pity on him and went online, where I found a lovely "bagel" bed at dogs.com, which just happened to be on sale too. I went for the size medium, since I figured he'd prefer a tight bed that would feel as if someone was cuddling him. (Not that this spoiled little fellow doesn't get enough hugs, mind you!) He's small enough that I think this will be the perfect size for him.

We have plenty of beds in this household, from the humans ones, to the couch, to numerous dog beds. But I just couldn't stand to see this pitiful little fellow lying on a flat bed when he needed a doughnut (or bagel) one instead.

Horton, I really am putty in your little paws.
Pam, food slave and much more to the Dashing Bassets

PS For those of you who have wished Horton well, he seems to be beyond the diarrhea, but he still has some blood on the side of his poop. The vet feels this is a result of the hookworms, who have left him with an irritated area on his colon. We are continuing with the metronidazole and hope that this will end his troubles. He is still dashing about with his usual vigor and conning his mama into buying him dog beds.