[Dailydrool] Floyd

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Wed Apr 3 14:57:00 PDT 2013

Wen:
I know what it's like to have a senior hound who is never quite happy in your home, though you do all the spoiling possible. Our Alexis never forgot the humans who deserted her because she had stinky ears and a tumor on her shoulder. They lied to rescue about the vet's opinion of her situation and gave us a pristine container of ear medication, though she had such terrible ears, she should have been treated constantly. If they had treated her carefully in the first place, she might never have lost one ear to a TECA.

I've always said Tri-State would never let me know who they were, because I would have gone after them, but really, I'd never ask. Such people make me crazy. I'd have to go Marlene on them, and I am really a very quiet person who doesn't enjoy confrontation.

But Alexis always loved these bums. I believe she thought of this as her retirement home, but it wasn't quite as good as the place she'd previously lived in. She liked me but never attached to me the way all our other hounds have. The only thing she really loved was the food we gave her--right away she turned down the cheap stuff she'd received lifelong for our good food. She picked it out of the bowl and left the old stuff there.

Dogs always love, even when it's not deserved. But I suspect Floyd knew you loved him, even if it didn't show. We do the best by the mistreated hounds, even if they never realize they'd been mistreated.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets, who adored Alexis