[Dailydrool] Floyd

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 3 16:00:56 PDT 2013

Hi it's the clueless momPerson here,

I am very sorry Floyd had to leave for the bridge.  G-d bless you Wen for all
you do!  I know about bassets and their emotions because Snoopy is a basset.
He's actually quite the basset.  Ahrooooooooo to you from Snoopy.  Snoopy was
loved SO much when he was a baby.  Snoopy was somebody named Dianne's prince
charming.  It's very clear he expected to be treated as a member of the family.
He is very sweet and has many gestures and habits that remind me of a human
infant.   He is careful and deliberate and neat and actually speaks (kind of).
He clearly remembers everything.   He gets so depressed around the holidays ....
you want to see Snoopy cry, just cook a turkey.  My daughter wants to buy him a
Christmas stocking because she's sure he always had one.  Anyone who has ever
met Snoopy KNOWS he was somebody's little boy in a basset suit until one day
when he was 4 ..... and Dianne died.

We don't know what happened between that day in April when Dianne died, and that
day in January when animal control found Snoopy skinny and sick wandering the
streets in Southern Santa Clara county.  They found him with a very aggressive
Shephard, and they told me the Shephard had obviously been taking care of Snoopy
for some time.  Snoopy was a very expensive puppy at some point, as anyone who
has met him can tell you.  He was chipped and the shelter called the number.
The person who answered explained that Dianne had died back in April.  And
Snoopy had been "given away."  And they said they didn't remember to whom.  And
they said they won't come for him.

Snoopy is pretty happy these days and very much loved and pampered and generally
wonderful.  But sometimes, something triggers a memory.  I can just see it on
his face.  And he'll just lay down and cry.  Seriously.  I will NEVER forget,
about 3 weeks after we brought Snoopy home from the shelter, he was laying on
his back and Greg was rubbing his tummy and I walked over and started rubbing
his tummy too and I asked him "Snoopy, can you feel the love?"  He rolled over
and just started to sob.  I was shocked, I asked Greg if he was hurt somehow and
Greg said he understood what I said and was overcome with emotion.

These bassets never forget.  And they have very human emotions.  Not like a lab,
lab's don't take things so seriously, bassets are much more like a human from
where I sit.

More later from the clueless momPerson