[Dailydrool] Floyd ATB

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Thu Apr 4 17:38:58 PDT 2013

We also got a rescue basset who was abandoned by an owner.   Her  first
owner was not a good man at all - she was kept in the backyard for  breeding
purposes and when she quit having "good" litters, he took her to his  vet to
have her put down.   When the vet refused since she was  perfectly healthy
and pretty young he brought her to some people down  the block who had a
basset and told them that either they take her or he would  take her out and
shoot her.   They took her of course and she went  into rescue since they
already had a couple of bassets.  She was rescued by  a guy who really seemed to
love her but when he got married and his wife had  white carpet installed in
their house/apartment, she said the dog had to  go.  So he wimped out and
brought her to rescue for her second stay  there.  This is what I had been
told about her and I might be  misremembering some of the details but I do know
that she had one despicable  owner and one owner who might have loved her
but not enough to let her stay with  him.

When we got her, she was very happy with us and very loving.  She  fit in
to our family immediately.   We got to love her for less than a  year when
she got cancer in her jaw and other places and had to go to the  bridge.   I
still picture her sitting in the back yard by the gate,  seeing us drive up,
and running in the house to greet us when we came in through  the garage.
She was such a sweetheart.   I don't know how  anyone can be so cruel as to
abandon these wonderful and loving dogs.

Carol