[Dailydrool] Dog talk

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:28:18 PDT 2013

My elder statesman basset, Roland, is usually quiet.  He may give a sigh of
pleasure when he is being petted, but it will take a major event to make
him bark or howl, like the doorbell.

Truman, on the other paw, is very vocal.  He quietly vocalizes pleasure
sotto voce when he is in my lap.  He goes absolutely bonkers when my
grandsons visit; he can keep up the howling and racing about for a good 5
minutes.  Also, the evil beagle Data has taught Truman how to be a bad
neighbor by going to the back fence to loudly protest the presence of other
dogs outside.  Truman also walks up to us and gives a single loud bark to
announce that it's dinner time, or time for him to go out.  He cries when
he thinks he's being neglected, such as when you're not constantly petting
him, feeding him, or walking him.

Janice

--
Janice Henry Colvin