[Dailydrool] Lumpy bassets

Esther Strom esthermstrom at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:11:46 PDT 2013

That's exactly my policy with Basil. He also has tons of bumps and lumps.
We do keep a close eye on them, and there are certain kinds that we biopsy
every few months (he had one that turned out to be a malignant sweat gland
tumor removed a few years ago, so I know what to look for.) But he's
somewhere around 12, and I can't put him through surgery after surgery to
remove every lump that comes up. If one in particular ever seems to bother
him, I'll consider it, but for now he doesn't even seem to notice them.

-Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB.