[Dailydrool] Dog park, Jersey

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Wed Apr 24 07:25:30 PDT 2013

Jane,
Read with interest about Jersey's ear infection.  If I remember right,  rods
mean it is pseudomonas...not sure if I spelled it correctly.
I wanted to share some experience with that infection.  I have had several
dogs with it.
Dudley, I had to keep him on antibiotics and ear cleaning with baytril mix
(2x day) and till he died,  he never got much better.  That was over a year!
Duchess was on vet prescribed antibiotics, (cipro)  and the baytril ear mix
for over a year also till I finally said we are stopping all this.  Her ears
had gotten better, but never totally cleared up.  I FINALLY started to use
the blue powder ear treatment 2x a day with Duchess.  Her ears were free
within 6 months, and much better within 2 months of starting it.  Now, she
might have been clear of it sooner, but we got her back in for an ear check
at a 6 month time frame.
My vet to this day, does not want to totally admit that the Blue powder
treatment cleared it up.  She will agree it made a difference.
Fast forward to Annbelle.  She came to me with pseudomonas,  and after
having it cultured, it was diagnosed that no oral antibiotic was going to
help it.  But I also started her right off the bat with the blue powder
treatment.  My vet wanted to go another route and I said no, we are trying
it this way first.   SO after 2 months, we took AB back to get her ears
checked, with me knowing they were better.  The right one was totally clear,
but the left one was not.  OK,  I am happy with the improvement,  the vet
wants to now switch to traditional tx to finish it getting cleared up.  I
sort of thought,  you let Duchess stay on traditional for a year and you
want to give up on the BPE in 2 months?  I did not say anything, except no,
we are staying on this course.   I love our vet, but sometimes I have to
think about asking her to get her head out of the books and look to what is
working.
Anyhow,  I have had success with this bad infection with the BPE.  I would
recommend it, but if you have never used it before, there is a great
website:
http://www.itsfortheanimals.com/BLUE.HTM
read about it first as there are a few situations it is not recommended.
There are outdated versions of this going around but this is the place to
find the correct and unaltered version.
Hope this helps.

Drool to all in need.

wen and the Bounders