[Dailydrool] Washington Post article on dogs - nothing we didn't know!

Laura Moravinski loumo38 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 1 06:18:30 PDT 2013

I just read an article called “Dogs can copy what humans do, even 10 minutes later”.  There was a “groundbreaking” research study done that demonstrated that dogs can imitate their humans actions, even after a lapse of 10 minutes.  Apparently this came as a big suprise as that type of recall and imitation has only really been seen in humans and apes.  All I can say is REALLY?  Obviously these researchers never “owned” a Basset Hound.  There were several incidents in our home with Harry where he observed and later copied our actions,  like opening the bread drawer.  I would also venture to say there were times when the lapse was more then 10 minutes, like when he had to wait for me to leave the house to carry out his perfect imitation of me closing our curtains (and eventually ripping them out of the wall).  We also observed him “petting” the cat with his paw.

So all of this got me wondering, what has your Basset done that has “imitated” you?  : )

Laura Moravinski and Harry ATB and still opening bread drawers.