[Dailydrool] Really behind and Delta Burke

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 8 15:06:37 PDT 2013

Hi all,

We had a slight detour in life recently, but all is good again, in that
respect.  No worries.

But it did put me behind emailing folks who have had ailing hounds, and
those who have lost one.

I apologize and while I did not get to write much, I do our best to sling
that drool as far to those who need it as possible.

We also lost Delta Burke on Aug 1st, due to many masses in her abdominal
cavity.  A very large one in her spleen, and I let her go before one opened,
causing problems she would not have recovered from.  Burke came to us from 4
The Hounds, when Gladys had to move a few fosters due to losing a foster
home.  Burke hitched a ride from the mid west and retired in the sunshine
and warmth of FLA.  She was extremely timid when we got her,  would not come
through a door if you were anywhere near it.  She grew past that fear and
learned it was good to get brushed, petted and to be loved. And she learned
to be alpha here,  grumping when things needed to be more to her liking.
Never had to use teeth, her woof came from the depths of her being and you
would have thought she had another 100 lbs. behind the bark.   Everyone
listened.  I have an idea she is probably in the kitchen ATB, helping the
kitchen Beagles,  she loved anything that was not dog food!  We miss her,
and feeding time is off kilter once again.

Drool to all in need,

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org