[Dailydrool] Got Extra Veggies?

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 11:16:28 PDT 2013

In honor of Happy Hound Friday here are some tips for easy, cheap (don't tell the hounds) but delicious treat recipes.  Do you have extra veggies from the garden and don't know what to do with them.  Well let me tell you what to do with them.
Squash, Zucchini and sweet potatoes: Thinly slice and put on the dehydrator for 12-16 hours (time depends on the humidity level and your dehydrator) until they are crispy chips. Oh and if you add a tblspn of olive oil, tsp of apple cider vinegar, salt pepper to taste mix well and then dehydrate... well it also makes tasty human treats. Got extra watermelon, honeydew melon or cantaloupe? Juice it in a blender, pour into ice cube trays, freeze and serve on a hot day for a cool treat. Also you can cube said melons and give as treats...I recommend doing this outside unless you want to mop your floors afterwards. Do you have extra berries? Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, or blueberries?  Juice them in a blender and freeze into ice cube trays or add yogurt and freeze to make Huckleberry Hound ice cream.

Happy Hound Friday ya'all

Michele, Colt & Ruger at Howling Hound Acres
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...