[Dailydrool] Dear Brudder Elwood

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 10 09:35:46 PDT 2013

My Dearest Elwood,

I wanted you to know that I went through this with the clueless dadPerson here at my home.  His was 48 weeks.  That is a long time to take medicine that makes you sick but he's clueless so he did it.  Now he is just fine, looks great, why he even let the gardener go because he is retired now and he prefers to do these things himself.  I know you are just starting down the road but I wanted to say that there are still wonderful times ahead.  This too shall pass.

I, too, was in charge of the sick person.  Sometimes he would take to his bed.  For 12 or 14 hours a shot or longers.  When he took to his bed I would climb up there and mold myself to him and place my chin on him and drool right on him.  And he would reach around and grab me and SQUEEZE me under his arm and hold on for dear life.  For hours.  While I drooled on him.

Snoopy and Gracie love dadPerson but neither one is much for laying in a dark room all day being squeezed.  Anyway, truth it be told they are both lousy droolers.  This job was mine.

As you know, bassets are magical and I know that if you take care of Miss Debbie Person and let her squeeze you and drool all over her at every opportunity she will be fine.

I will sling profuse drool from here along with whatever drool Snoopy and Gracie can muster up.

Don't stop believing.

Love,
LuLu