[Dailydrool] An Oscar for Duke, or how to get out of toe bone trims.

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sat Aug 10 15:24:31 PDT 2013

And the Oscar goes to...........

Duke, of the Bounders!

Duke starred in his self-directed drama today,  the day of the month hound
baths are given, here at Senior Houndsabound.

Amid many of his 2 legged fans and a pack of hounds, he decided to take
matters into his own paws when it became clear, his turn for toe bone
trimming was coming up.  Quickly he raced outside, still due for his bath,
so he would have to be found.  Then once found, he decided to pant and pant.
Still not finding this enough to get out of a bath, his goes limp,  yes,
drops like a stone to the floor in the middle of his bath.

Debi, his foster mom and bather, quickly got him out of the bath and laid
out on towels.  Running to get help, We all rush in to see he is
unresponsive.  Not good,  we check his breathing and his gums, seems ok.
He does not feel hot to the touch.

(Now Duke has been suffering some seizures and has some neurological issues,
we believe.  He is 14 and has scared us on more than 1 occasion)

After some time, we get him on the stretcher and loaded to take what we are
all thinking will be his last trip to the vet lady.  Being moved on the
stretcher and during the ride and then into the vet, he is still 99%
unresponsive.   Dr Peters examines him and says his heart is weak and pupils
are not responding.  He is still playing this for all it was worth!

The Dr goes out of the room to read his chart from Dr Manley who diagnosed
him with neurologic issues.  While out of the room, Duke decides we are
crying enough and sits up, then gets up and walks around.  I do think he
took a bow as Debi and I looked on in awe. The Drs were amazed too as they
came in to see Duke up and about.

Drool to all in need !

wen and the Bounders

 <http://www.seniorhoundsabound.org/> www.seniorhoundsabound.org