[Dailydrool] Bugler of days gone by ...

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Aug 29 22:54:23 PDT 2013

Memories of the best of days to all my fellow indentured Basset servers ...
tears of sorrow to those who I've not reached out to in the past year +,
I've been extremely busy and even more so, feel the sorrow of not wishing
you personal condolences.

As of right now, I'm up way past my bed time, having had another of those
brutal tech support days (two people leaving, 1 person about as helpful as a
short timer, and regardless the trouble tickets continue to pour in) ... and
so I'm up ... looking for ways to relax and gazing through my email I find
... Riche Churchill ... with a Bugler from July - Aug 1970.

I was but two and a half when this issue of the Bugler originally circulated
... and like with every episode of this hound mag from yester-year, I find
it reminding me of those days ... schlepping buckets of dog chow, annoying
my older sister who .. had started *her* indentured servitude some 6 years
before me...

I see in these pages the fondness of days past or passed .. however you
decide to read it ... and again a tear stirs from within, remembering my
losses, my wins, my servitude to this thing called Basset ... and remember
my place among you all...

May these days be better and better,
may your houndies ever love
may the sky never darken
on that corner of your life, your love,
your basset hound, your friend, your companion,
your hound.

Thank you Ms. Churchill ... may the heavens hold you enthroned with hounds
all around.  The love that you've shown us, the extraordinary hound, the
basset, the hunt, the smells and the sound, the thing that will haunt us,
that beautiful basset hound.

-Robert

Slave to Riley & Henry, formerly indentured to Franklin & Doc.