[Dailydrool] JP

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 03:34:22 PDT 2013

One of the hardest things to watch in JP is his appetite in decline.  I free feed wellness core low fat dry, and he used to eat at the bowl, but for about 2 months now, I have been spoon feeding him iams low residue canned food because of his almost constant diarrhea, and he just stopped eating the dry food.  He  is getting daily doses of pepcid ac and metronidazole (and his pain meds for his back legs and his cough meds for his chronic cough).  I used to feed boiled chicken or beef and rice, but he picked out the protein and left the rice.  About two weeks ago, I introduced Tylan powder to help with the diarrhea, and since it is so bitter, it may be what is turning him off to food because even though I mixed the Tylan with Cesar moist food, he still is shutting down when I offer him his regular iams meal.  He is even refusing cheese, the conduit for his pills.  So he has now trained me to buy Roast beef deli (Boar's head) for his pills but I was out of it this am, and cream cheese worked, and I found a new canned food for him, Newman's own chicken and brown rice.  I just started that a couple of days ago, and I have high hopes it will clear up his diarrhea and I can then back off some meds for him.   I found the best price at Chewy.com.  We are still in the game, and everyday is a blessing.
Hugs and love and healing drool all around.
Jackie and the gang