[Dailydrool] Update on the sick puppy from San Diego Basset Rescue

Shirley Mueller snoozinhounds at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 14:53:28 PDT 2013

Thanks to all who have donated for "puppy's care" He has, I think, turned the corner. He doesn't go back to the vet till next week which is an excellent sign. The bloody diarrhea has stopped and we now have loose formed stools. This while rather disgusting to read is actually how his days have been going. We see improvement every day. It has been 2 steps forward and 1 step backward but at least that puts us in the forward column. I can't say he is totally out of the woods yet but progress has been made. He has only had one set of puppy shots so immunity is practically nil but one step at a time. He is playing now and tries to play with the other dogs thru the x pen all VERY positive signs We still need to be very careful with him and every time he soils the puppy pads they must be removed immediately. We also remove everything from his x pen and scrub the floor with ammonia then steam it 2 times a day which kills anything in the floor. (thank goodness for tile floors!) He still has to receive the rest of his puppy shots and any other issues that come up but he seems to be moving in the right direction. It will be one week tomorrow since he had a turn for the worse and ended up on IV 's in the hospital and 2 weeks ago this Sunday since he was found crawling on the side of the road whimpering. All of you have joined forces to help save this puppy's life because without all of us he surely would be dead by now. Thanks to all who donated as you all know good vet care and everything that goes along with it is expensive. thanks also for your prayers, good wishes and healing drool all of which have sustained him and put him on the forward path he seems to be on. I have hesitated to say anything before now since it seems he takes that backward step when I say things are going nicely. We wanted to keep you updated but with all the daily turns it is difficult. Know that we will send individual thanks to all who donated as time permits. Again we can't thank you enough for all each of you have done for this little guy. When you only weigh 3 lbs when found fighting for your life takes on new meaning and added difficulties. We will continue the struggle with him until he is in good health and ready to be adopted- which of course will be some time yet. thanks to all and God Bless.
1