[Dailydrool] Tramadol

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at comcast.net
Thu Aug 8 15:40:48 PDT 2013

My Chester is on Tramadol, too. I thought I would just let everyone know there are withdrawal symptoms
in humans. I am assuming there are in dogs, too. I know this because I have a relative who was addicted
to Tramadol and when they were finally able to quit, they had some serious and very unpleasant withdrawal
symptoms. So if your dog has been on it awhile, I definately would talk to your vet before just stopping cold turkey.

" People who have been taking tramadol should not stop using the drug immediately, as this can precipitate withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms include the following:

    • Nausea and vomiting
    • Upset stomach
    • Cold sweats
    • Cravings
    • Diarrhea
    • Fatigue
    • Tremors
    • Depression
    • Irritability, agitation or aggressiveness
    • Muscle and joint pain
    • Seizures
    • Restless legs "

Marilyn Brig