[Dailydrool] anal gland

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 06:31:02 PDT 2013

Ahhh, those wonderful glands!! They abscess, impact, clog, develop tumors
and always, stink.
I would suspect his gland has become impacted and then developed an
abscess. I am guessing. Completely. Antibiotics injected directly into the
gland often helps and there is a device (yes there is, or there was) just
for this.
I would also suggest at his age if he continues to have difficulty have the
glands removed. They will warn you that errors in the surgery can result in
bowel incontinence. It is true but it is extremely rare and in all the
years I worked at the Vetspital I honestly do not recall one single
incidence in which that happened. Not a single, solitary time. And we did
these surgeries not infrequently.

This will eliminate all problems including the tumor issue.

MomPerson  to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc