[Dailydrool] Anal gland

cstaffordmail at gmail.com cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 05:19:14 PDT 2013

Out of the blue (we've had him almost 2 years)our Bloodhound Jefro has developed a problem with his right anal gland. He can't empty it. It was full including blood a couple weeks ago. She said it felt like hamburger (sorry). Vet emptied and gave antibiotics. Left one was fine. Not a problem with emptying on left side so she doesn't think it's diet related. Jefro is raw fed, no grains and there's been no diet change.
He is having trouble again and we are going back to the vet.
Question is what's going on? Could it be an allergy. His right eye was also inflamed. I've done some research that indicates it could be a liver imbalance. All suggestions point to doing what we already do (raw diet, probiotics, fish oil, exercise).
Also his glands aren't accessible from outside, must be internally expressed. Meaning if you check from outside you can not feel them. We had no clue the one was full. I know how to externally express.
Any suggestions/thoughts?
Cheryl

Sent from my iPad