[Dailydrool] Beds

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon Aug 12 12:06:33 PDT 2013

Bev:
I have often asked this question (Why make a dog bed that's unwashable?). Here in the Dashing Basset household, the favored bed is an elongated donut bed by Majestic Pets, which I got in a size medium. It was supposed to be for the little guy, Horton, but instead both he and our much larger Holly share it--though not at the same time.

This is the bed:

http://www.majesticpet.com/items/bagel-bed-micro-suede/

I got it online, on sale, from a dog store, but Amazon has them too:

http://www.amazon.com/Majestic-Pet-Medium-Bagel-MicroSuede/dp/B0069TVHBW

They come in different colors, not just this brown.

Because I have an old washer, I can squish the whole thing in and wash it with no trouble. Newer washers might be more of a challenge, I understand--another good reason to keep mom's very old machine --it works better than most of the current ones.

The Dashing Bassets have almost always had one pee-r in the house. No bed comes in here that cannot be stuffed in the washer.

When will the folks who make these things learn that a washable cover just does not do it? And when will people stop buying beds that aren't fully washable?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets