[Dailydrool] Bassetude and Thanksgiving Theivery

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:12:54 PST 2013

We haven't written a real post in awhile so thought we'd chime in and say
hello. We hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving and Hanukkah. We are
thankful year round for the friendship and guidance we have found through
the daily Drool.

We left the hounds home on Thanksgiving and traveled to my sister's home
about an hour away for dinner. She isn't as "in to" her dogs as we are, so
she kept them outside for most of the day. She claims that they're too
crazy (which they are) but only because they are desperate for attention.
So after dinner, my mom and I walked my sister's dogs (Toby - a minpin/rat
terrier and Lola - a damn beagle). When we got back from our walk the dogs
were being pretty good so my sister let them stay inside as we hung out
watching TV and letting the food settle. Suddenly there was a noise from
the kitchen and everyone asked, "WHERE'S LOLA??!!!" Sure enough I go in the
kitchen to find Lola the damn beagle on the kitchen table scarfing down a
pecan pie. She literally ate half a pie in under 30 seconds. We all
laughed. Lola ended up back outside ( it was over 70 degrees that day, so
not cruel) and we proceed to finish the other half of the pie. It was a
funny incident which I am sure we will share and retell each year on
Thanksgiving.

Then on Saturday we celebrated my 30th birthday and Cowboy's 7th Gotcha
Day. We love that boy so very much and are so thankful for each day we have
with him and Rupert. Cowboy introduced me to my unknown love for all things
bassets, which led me to the Daily Drool. He honeslty changed our lives the
day he came home to us.

But that brings me to the Bassetude part of the title of this post. I swear
that boy is becoming more and more demanding and ornery with each passing
year....or day. I tell myself (and more so the DH) that every hound is like
this....but do other people's hounds just stand at the couch barking for no
apparent reason? After being fed, walked and given treats?! Sometimes he
wants me to chase him. Sometimes he wants me to get up so he can take my
spot. And sometimes he just keeps baying and barking with no end in sight.
Of course he doesn't listen to us as we plead with him to shut the heck
up....so is this normal? Lol.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert