[Dailydrool] It's a Christmas Miracle

Laura Moravinski loumo38 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 7 05:56:29 PST 2013

So as some of you may know, it’s been a rough year.  My husband has been out of work for almost 8 months now.  My daughter with Autism has entered puberty (no explanation needed).  My health has been poor and with no health insurance, I haven’t been able to address it.  And all of this, without my Harry.  Without any doggie as a matter of fact.  Needless to say, I am in a sad place.  This is usually my favorite time of year, but I have been finding myself just going through the motions for the sake of my family.

That is until this morning.

I shuffled myself out to the mailbox to collect yesterday’s mail.  I try to avoid the mailbox, as it’s usually full of bills we can’t pay.  But not today.  No, in it was one envelope.  A pretty red and green envelope from VA.  Hmm, that’s funny.  The only person I know in VA doesn’t live in Hot Springs.  But there it was, addressed to me.  No mistake.  Standing on my driveway in my tattered fuzzy robe with my husbands shoes on, I opened that envelope.  And there, staring back at me, were the faces of 2 angels.  Daisy Mae and Thelma Lou Strasser.  My Christmas miracles.  Because in that moment, I remembered why I love this season.  Beacuse the world, despite all of it’s troubles, is filled with kindness and goodness and love.  Things may not be easy, but they are worthwhile.  And standing there on my driveway, in my tattered robe, holding that card, I did a jig.  An all out, just dance like you don’t care jig.  And in that moment, I was transformed.

So thank you, Strasser family, and thank you Daily Drool.  You’ve given this woman a reminder that life is what you make of it.  And I intend to make the best out of every moment I can.

You are all an extended family that I could never do without.  You are all my Christmas Miracle.

God Bless you and keep you all,

Laura Moravinski and Harry ATB and so happy for his mama!