[Dailydrool] New Vet Lady

Daria dariaemma at verizon.net
Sun Dec 8 06:30:21 PST 2013

It's me, Tony.  Momma really tricked me on Thursday.  She said "Come on, Tony!  Lets go out". She put me leash over my head and I thought walkies.  HA!  Guess who was outside waiting to meet me? The VETLADY!  ON ME PORCH!!  I gave her whatfor and howls and growls too with a good helping of curling lipperflaps.  She tried sweet talking me but I said it will take more than that.  I got muzzled.  Humph ......  She weighed my wonderful "fluffy,smooshy" basset ness and said to Momma, cut back on foodies. I roo'd her.  She cleaned my ears, listened to my heart and lungs and belly, tried to trim my front nails but I said "oh, no way on this earth" and whipped my muzzled shooter around and whacked her hands away. HA!  Then, a booster shot that made me very sleepy later. And the final indignity, anals and rectal exam. I just hung head in shame.  Momma put me in me house and helped vet lady clean up.  I was never so happy to see her van leave me street. I watched until she turned the corner.

Momma here.  You all know the trouble I have getting tony in the car. I had knee surgery on Wednesday and of course tony started the scooting and gassing routine Tuesday night. I called regular vet for help and the tech that usually helps cannot lift anything heavy right now. So, I started investigating alternatives and found a mobile vet.  She came right out the next day and she was great. Muzzled Tony up with a little help from me holding the leash and went about her business.  This is a great help to me.  I will also be able to call on her to help me get him in the car if he needs to go for X-rays etc at the regular vets office.

Everyone with difficult bassets should investigate this option for the more routine business of basset health.  Nails, glands ears and so on. This is great alternative if there is a mobile vet in your area.

Mom to Tony the difficult, Daria

Sent from my iPad