[Dailydrool] Bloat prevention? Howliday Card Webpage Link?

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Mon Dec 9 15:49:08 PST 2013

I read this with great interest in the last Drool:

"She's also the one
who began to attach basset stomachs to the torso wall so that they couldn't
flip if bloat occurred.  All of our bassets (we've only had females) have
had this done when they are spayed.
"

Anyone who has experience with this procedure of attaching basset stomachs
to the torso wall--could you elaborate?

I live in absolute terror that Admiral will bloat like my first basset, Sir
Percival. I didn't know anything about basset bloat then (and Percy crawled
under an outbuilding and I thought he was lost--did not find him until the
next day).

Adm. has been fixed, but if this is a relatively well-known and tolerable
procedure, I would like to consider it as a preventive.

Any information on this would be most appreciated.

Also, I am clueless-I obviously missed the link to the Howliday Card
webpage. Could someone repost it? I did not get into the card "event" this
year--next year. I'm sure I'll have more time (yeah--right--hope howls
eternal).

Lea Pierce
Houndservant to Adm. JED
YadaYada