[Dailydrool] Cough drops

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 9 15:23:20 PST 2013

Hi all, Snoopy here,

Well, the whole clueless family headed off to San Francisco on Saturday to see "Potter Potted" which is a theatrical performance, a comedy, which originated in London but has been playing Broadway and is now on a stop over in San Francisco.  They went up there and saw the show and did some shopping in Union Square and generally headed off and left us bassets to our own devices.  Harumph.  Not only that but they showed up 20 minutes late for our dinner.  Double Harumph. Now as they were leaving:

The clueless dadPerson was very fixated on the time ..... "look at the time Dale, the traffic heading into the city, what is keeping you girls Julianne and Natalie, look at the time ....."

And the girls were very fixated on their outfits "look at me Natalie, does this top go with these leggings?  I don't know Julianne but what do you think of this sweater, is it ok with this outfit?"

And the clueless momPerson was very fixated on the house "we are leaving for the day have we locked windows, doors, did we get everything OFF THE COUNTER?"

And they left.  And then they came back and fed us and petted us and walked us ..... and little Gracie had a VERY loose BM.  Well, momPerson was mostly able to pick it up but she was puzzled, that's not a good sign.  And then they came home and dadPerson said to momPerson "what did you do with my cough drops.  I just bought a brand new 100 pack and they are gone."  He always blames momPerson because she is a neat freak and she is always putting things away.  But not this time.  She told him she hadn't seen them.  He indicated (not in so many words of course) that he didn't entirely believe her.   A little later LuLu went out and didn't come back in right away.  It is COLD outside, like in the 20s at night.  So momPerson went looking to see what was up.  She found LuLu trying to swallow something.  When she opened her mouth she found the zip lock from the cough drop bag.  TWELVE inches long.  The rest of the bag was gone but LuLu couldn't
 quite swallow the long had zip lock part.  The good news is that in daylight the next day she found a whole bunch of little tiny pieces of the bag, so nobody swallowed any big pieces whole, she hopes.

Anyway, the momPerson panic'd.  She came in screaming about artificial sweetener and that it could kills us.  Well, the good news is that dadPerson is rather slim since his 48 weeks of chemo, even though he got done over a year ago he is still slim so he switched to cough drops with high fructose corn syrup which apparently isn't good for us either but won't kill us necessarily.  The fructose does, however, make cough drops VERY sticky and so on closer inspection it was discovered that we all had little tiny pieces of cough drops stuck to our ears.  What a MESS!!

It has been a rough couple of days.  Gracie had very loose stools.  All of our stools looked like origami for a couple of days (from the wrappers).  LuLu had TWO accidents where she pee'd in the house (which she NEVER EVER does EVER).  And I was even more ornery than usual.  At the moment Gracie's stools are firmer and LuLu has gone back to peeing outside and I am being charming so we are hoping the worst is over with the 100 cough drops.

More later from Snoopy who ate a whole bunch of cough drops along with his sisters