[Dailydrool] Rocky to the Rainbow Bridge

Racetrcker at aol.com Racetrcker at aol.com
Tue Dec 10 09:07:34 PST 2013

We had to send our wonderful Rocky to the Bridge yesterday  morning.   It
was time.   We knew it and I believe that he  did too.   He has had so many
problems over the years - he had surgery  on both front legs as soon as we
got him at six months, then shortly thereafter  the eyelash surgery on both
eyes and then a heart murmur, pancreatitis, liver  & kidney problems,
Cushing's Disease, digestive problems including  bloody diarrhea,  arthritis and the
worst degeneration of bone in his hind  end.   He was losing weight and
having trouble getting  around.   Then he mostly lost control of his peeing and
pooping which  would have humiliated him if he'd know which we don't
believe he  did.   He was starting to wander around not knowing where he was at
times and it was so sad.   We had wanted him to stay with us until his  13th
birthday on New Year's Eve but couldn't make him stay for this.    He had
been deteriorating rapidly for the past couple of weeks but the last  couple
of days were really bad.

When he went to the ER the first time for the bloody diarrhea, Maddie who
is 8 was very mad at me after I took him away and didn't bring him  home.
She basically ignored me for several days until I was able to  get him home.
  I think on some level she knew he wasn't doing well  now though because
she had been especially nice to him the last couple of  days.   Yesterday
afternoon my husband and I had to leave the house  for a couple of hours and
when we came back she wasn't glad to see us as usual  but was sniffing around
us looking for Rocky.   Today she is  alternating between being mad at me
and being very needy.

He was the sweetest boy ever.   He embodied all the great  qualities of
bassets - a sweet, loving, happy boy.  He was so good with  kids who visited
us.  His daddy and I miss him a lot.

Carol