[Dailydrool] Baxter's Prognosis

Brenda Waldrop dedanann1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 22:50:47 PST 2013

Well, all the tests are back and the news is mixed.  The biopsy came back
positive for anal gland cancer.  I had a panic attack on the spot when I
got the news, images of Copper who only went to the bridge 2 1/2 years ago
from the same cancer assaulted me.

The good news is that so far it hasn't metastasized and the Vet says he has
the blood work of 3-year-old.  She says she's never seen a healthier senior
hound.  This means he's a great candidate for surgery!

I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.  He's scheduled for a surgical
consult on Monday but they are estimating $4,000 for the surgery so I'm in
panic mode.  I've been out of work since May and I have no idea how I'm
going to come up with the money before it's too late for the surgery.

With Copper surgery wasn't an option, he was 15 and so frail, they didn't
think he would survive.  Baxter is so vital, he's full of energy and life
and it's breaking my heart that I might not be able to get him the help he
needs in time for it to make any difference.

Does anyone know how to set up a Chip-in? If anyone does can they contact
me "off-line" with the details.   I also have some pieces of jewelry, a
diamond necklace and earrings that I may be able to sell.  I finished them
last year but I've never worn them since I made them so they're still brand
new.  Hopefully someone is looking for a good xmas gift!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent me drool for Baxter, please keep it
coming we're far from out of the woods at this point.

Thank you, and drool to all in need!!
Brenda- momslave to Baxter and Elphaba