[Dailydrool] My Teddi Bear

Martha Jacobs bassetmom7272 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 02:45:28 PST 2013

My Teddi Bear went to the Bridge on 3 Nov, 2 weeks after being diagnosed
with lymphoma,

Some of you may remember that  back in June 2007 when when Keesha Heath
died suddenly Donna Lindy was looking for someone to take Keesha's girls,
Emily age 13 and Tulip 3.  I was was living in MD at the time.  I thought
long and hard, talked to Basset friends, checked the distance from
Baltimore to Toledo and made the decision to offer to go and get the girls
and add them to my family.

I called Donna and said "if you want me to I will go and get the girls and
love them fo ever ".  She said that would be fantastic so i sent off on the
8 hour drive.  The girls  were to be at the vet so when I got to Toledo I
went immediately to see the girls.  Emily gave me the cold should but Tulip
was so excited to see me.  The next morning I arrived at the very bright
and early and the wonderful vet staff helped me load the girls in the BUV
and we headed to Cleveland to met Marilyn Deucher. Then headed out on the 6
hour ride back to Baltimore.

At that time I had Pollyanna who was 18 months old.  Emily let it be know
from the get go that she was going to rule with a velvet covered iron paw
and picked a spot for herself in the hallway off the living room where she
could see me but was out of the general flow of traffic.

Emily became my Grand Duchess and lived 6 months before she went to the
Bridge 28 Nov 2007.  Tulip never responded to that name and I changed  her
name to Teddi (Theadora Louise) which she seemed to love.  She became my
velcro heart dog and the love of my life.   She and Pollyanna became fast
friends and the few times Pollyanna slipped the fence Teddi would come in
and tell me.

I loved Teddi with all my being and even after 44 days it is no easier than
if she left for the Bridge yesterday;

Marty Jacobs