[Dailydrool] Morse, who won't eat without his mama

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Wed Dec 18 11:45:53 PST 2013

When we got our first foster and foster failure, Belvedere, he had been
passed around a lot. I figure we were at least his fourth home. Once he
got here and fell in love with me, he wanted to be with me 24/7.
Happily, I worked from home, so he pretty much got that. But he did not
approve of vacations, since he could not come with me.

On the rare occasions when we went on vacation, I could count on his not
eating for three days. Every pet sitter would call me on day two and
complain that Bel was not eating. I would tell them he was fine, and
they needed to wait a day. Finally he'd get so hungry, he'd chow down,
and after that he was fine until we came home. We never took really long
vacations, usually just a week. But as long as we had him, if we went
away, Bel was off his food for a few days. It did not hurt him, since he
was a good weight, but if he'd gone on like that, I probably would have
asked the sitter to take him to the vet. If that didn't start him
eating, nothing would!

I would not worry about Morse. He's just showing his displeasure, and he
has enough weight on him that it should not hurt him to wait for his
food.

These stubborn mama's boys!
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets