[Dailydrool] Another update from the lady in the tattered robe

Laura Moravinski loumo38 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 20 16:30:15 PST 2013

You asked for it!  You got it!

So today I actually got dressed and left my tattered robe on my bed.  A step in the right direction you say?  Not so fast!  The mailbox was empty.  EMPTY I say!  Now what on Earth is happening?  Will there be no more cards?  No more soulful eyes and adorable outfits to light up my day?  I am sad.  So very sad.  I change back into that tattered robe.  It’s pink by the way.  Soft pink with white polka dots (stunning, I know).  Frayed on the bottom and at the ends of the sleeves.  A hole in the pocket perfect for losing tissues . But it is like being wrapped in the warm embrace of my velvety Harry, so I wear it.  Every day.  And then something strange happens.  Something so very strange.  The Mail Lady comes.  Minutes after I change into my robe and hours past when she is usually here.  The mail lady comes with the biggest stack of cards I have gotten yet!   I am quite a sight....clomping as fast as I can in my husband’s brown suede shoes, bare legs exposed by the flapping robe.  I swipe that stack from the Mail Lady’s hands like she’s giving me a million dollar check.  Because that’s what it feels like, you see.  Like I’ve won the lottery.  And I have.....but it’s something much more valuable than money.  It’s love, pure and simple.  Love and compassion and support.  I clomp back to the house and start ripping open those cards, laughing and crying all the while.  Looking at the faces of the ones you all love and share your lives with.  And the faces of those that have joined my Harry ATB.  And I am filled with the warmth of your caring embrace, sent across the miles in pieces, like a puzzle.  Every one unique, every one special.  Like all of you.  My Daily Drool family.

Tucked inside one special card is a gift, and a request.  Secret Santa Basset has requested an update of me going to the mailbox....in my new robe.

Stay Tuned....

Laura Moravinski and Harry ATB and hrumphing down at his mama!