[Dailydrool] Miss Angela is a trouper

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Dec 24 08:31:51 PST 2013

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer emeritus to Miss Angela Basset,
Dowager Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

Miss Angela is doing well after a long twenty four hours at the vetspital.
She had never had her teeth cleaned (never needed it til now)  and had
a cyst on her belly that periodically erupted, so we decided to get it all
taken care of at once.  I dropped her off at the vets the night before because
I couldn't bear hearing her complaining at the inavailability of food and
water.  The vet called after the surgery to tell me all had gone well.  When
picked her up about 3 in the afternoon, she was really woozy.  I had to
build a ramp of pillows so that she could get up on her couch where
she slept off the anaesthesia.  By mid evening, she was her sweet self
again.  The vet gave me pain pills for her but she didn't seem to be in
discomfort so we skipped the pills.  Now she's recovering nicely.

A three inch snowfall left the back steps icy and from time to time, she
has trouble getting back in after her potty breaks. This morning, however
she just showed up back in the house with no apparent effort.  Still, she
is slowing down and will need a ramp sometime in '14.

We are warm, healthy (though old and fat!) and preparing for the round
of holiday gatherings.  A couple of my Santa gigs were cancelled when
the roads iced up so I'm getting my beard trimmed today.

Angela and I have continuing discussions about the fireplace.  I love it
and enjoy the way it heats the family room.  Angela likes the warmth
and basks until the fire pops or the fireplace liner makes expansion
sounds.  This offends her deeply and she decamps from the couch to
stretch out behind it or goes to another room.  Heaven forbid that I burn
hedge or any other wood that pops a lot.  She demands quieter and more
expensive hardwoods.

We are sending healing drool to those in needs and warmest holiday
(whatever holiday) wishes to all of you out in the droolsphere.  Have
a joyous season, stay warm and  enjoy lots of good food and drink
with those you love.

Bill (I'm REALLY happy to get the beard cut back)
Angela (Whatever)