[Dailydrool] Scary Rawhides

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 03:51:34 PST 2013

I have a friend with a Belgian who had a seizure. Then a few days later
another. He had never had them before butof course, it is a problem in the
breed. Luckily for this dog, the owner was very attentive and noted that
before each episode the dog had eaten or chewed rawhide. They removed the
rawhide and the dog never had another seizure. Coincidence? Maybe.
My dogs chew rawhides but only under supervision, lax tho it may be.
Where was the rawhide from? I went to buy at PSmart and discovered all were
the same company and all were made in GUESS WHERE? China.
Some rawhides contain arsenic or so I am told.I never buy the ones with the
knotted ends, only what they call "Retriever sticks" because these Bassets
bite those knots off and choke on them.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley & Doc