[Dailydrool] Colt & Hounds Farm Update

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 13:48:45 PST 2013

We hope that everyone having a bright and joyous Howliday season. Christmas was very good for us because I have both of my precious boyz with me.  Plus the DH was home on the farm with us too (he is still spending most of his time in FL finishing up his military time) LOL Colt is doing very well with the new Chemo meds. (knock on wood...please God & doG don't let me jinx us). He has a couple of hours 2nd or 3rd day post treatment that he seems to not feel 100%, being a little picky about eating, where he wants either oatmeal or just plan ol' kibble with maybe some chicken on top for breakfast.  But by noon he is back to chasing his brother, hoovering around the kitchen looking for food or wanting to go for a walk. So keep up the thoughts, prayers and drool for him...because I know that all of it plus his meds are helping him.
In Farm News: We had a 30x30 fence put up along side the garage.  This is the boyz potty area. A place where they can go off leash and do their business in somewhat privacy. This has been a godsend this winter. I can let them out in a safe environment and stand in the garage somewhat out of the weather. We have talked about putting in doggie doors so the boyz can let themselves out but I am to scared about coyotes, rabid skunks, raccoons, opossums, etc.or them somehow getting out of the fence and wondering off. Most folks out here in the country don't give a second thought to loose dogs. Most folks dogs run loose on their property. Most days, unless the weather is really bad I will take the boyz out on at least one or 2 leashed walks to the mailbox or around the main property/yard so they can get their "sniff on" aka. tracking all the critters that wander through. I have to be careful because there is always some kind of poop that we come across and Ruger is quick to try to eat it.  GROSS! Not much grosses me out but that is one of them.  In other farm news the Dadperson built the boyz a ramp to go from the laundry room out to the garage. (then we go through the exterior garage door and into there fenced in area). I swear every main entrance into this house has steep narrow steps.  Sort of steep and narrow for me let alone long bodied bassets. Anyway my dad is still laughing about the ramp, asking the DH "what are you loading into the house? Elephants?" DH told him that he wanted it sturdy enough that his daughter would not fall through?"  Not sure how I am supposed to take that one.  But yeah I think that we could at least bring Rhinoceros into the house with that ramp. The boyz love the ramp...the race up and down it to go out potty and back into their warm house.

Healing drool to all the sick or injured hounds or humans. Heart healing drool to anyone whose beloved hound has made that journey to the Rainbow Bridge.
Michele, Colt & Ruger at Howling Hound Acres