[Dailydrool] Itchy Hound

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 12:32:53 PST 2013

How much does your boy weigh?  You said you are giving a benadryl a day.
 The dosage is actually 1 mg per pound of weight.  You can give that dose
2-3 times a day.  Benadryl is extremely safe with a wide margin of error,
so you can round up if you need to.

You might have a yeast infection in the armpits.  If your boy is allergic
to mold, these weather conditions are terrible for him.

You don't have to change the food for there to be a food allergy involved.
 It is usually a case of the dog developing an allergy to the food they are
on all the time.  Do you feed the same kind of raw meat every day, or do
you rotate?  If you rotate, do see any change in the symptoms from day to
day?

I would worry about there being a yeast infection first and then an allergy
to a mold second.  Then the food.  I know where I am, I am really battling
mold allergies in the dogs and the humans.  This weather is the absolute
pits for this allergy.  Normally we are all better once we get a good
freeze and the harvest is over.  No such luck this year.

Jennifer with Beauford (I got an ear infection from my allergies), Bugsey
(my eyes are red and driving me nuts) and Browyn the Fairy Princess (I am
trying to chew my feet off)