[Dailydrool] Itchy hound

cstaffordmail at gmail.com cstaffordmail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:01:24 PST 2013

My boy is itchy and my normal treatments aren't solving this problem. Thought I'd ask here before heading to the vet. He's always licked his armpits but now he does it a lot. They are very brown. He is also licking the top of his front foot which is new. It started while we were gone for a few days. I thought it might be nerves. Then I thought it might be due to brand change in his CoQ10. I switched him back, no change. He had stopped licking the foot but started back yesterday.
He gets a Benedryl daily, which I've never had to do before. I put Gold Bond on his foot too and he stops licking. No food change, they are raw fed. The weather has been weird here, warm and a little damp instead of cold. That could be it.
Any other treatment ideas? Gold Bond  has always worked on him. He isn't miserable. It almost seems like a habit. He stops when I fuss at him. Someone mentioned another product besides Gold Bond but I can't remember it.
Thanks,
Cheryl

Sent from my iPad