[Dailydrool] heartworm

Sandra Graham sandra.graham at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 22:04:54 PST 2013

I will ditto everything that everyone else has said about heartworm. The
treatment for heartworm should your dog get it is 1000 times harder on the
dog than the preventative medicine. And Dale is right, heartworm used to be
primarily a problem in the southeast, however, since Katrina, it is now
showing up all over the US. Primarily due to the rehoming of abandoned and
lost dogs from the southeast that were heartworm positive. Heartworm disease
has been reported in all 50 states. If you want more info, google American
Heartworm Society. All my dogs get heartworm meds 12 months out of the year.

Sandi Graham

with the Bassets: Chloey Sue, Daisy Mae, Annie, and Bubba

and the Pointers: Cooter Brown, Ruckus, Carnage McGee and Rowdy Chet