[Dailydrool] Food

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Mon Feb 4 13:17:23 PST 2013

I am a firm believer in feeding the best food which one can afford.  We were feeding Flint River Ranch until we hit a bad patch financially last year around this time which lasted thru August and stopped using it and switched to a less expensive, grain-free brand which we could access at a local store. The hounds did okay but were less than enthusiastic about mealtime compared to their obvious enjoyment of the food bowl when filled with Flint River!  So, I made the decision to pinch pennies elsewhere and switch back to Flint River.  It may cost a bit more but it is made in the USA, never had a recall and they are committed to making high-quality pet foods.  I order through Ginny Tata-Phillips and the food comes via UPS to your door within two or three days ordering.  I feed them lamb and rice formula twice a day, adding a half can of green beans, (rinsed well) a generous serving spoon of of plain yogurt and an occasional leftover "white box" treat plus their StemPet supplements.  For breakfast they get a tablespoon of GNC Salmon oil added to the kibble. We only feed grain-free all natural treats because of Delilah's yeasty ear issues,  Pam of the Dashing Basset Bakery makes yummy homemade treats and most of the proceeds go to support rescue.  Dozer and Delilah give them eight paws up for flavor and crunch!