[Dailydrool] Good Read

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 15:00:58 PST 2013

Here is a good read about shelter dogs from Hawaii are being brought to the
mainland for potential adoption. I found the idea to be pretty interesting
and thought some droolers may enjoy it also. No bassets, (although there is
cute photo of a hound-mix), but this brief article demonstrates the good
that can be done when groups/rescues/shelters/people in general work
together.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Homeless-dogs-embark-from-Kauai-to-Oakland-4249851.php#photo-4139209

In basset-related news, Rupert scored about 1/4 of a lime/cilantro
rotisserie chicken recently. I was doing dishes and the leftovers were on a
cutting board right behind me. Somehow, Ru stealthily stole the food and
ate it right behind my back. Anyone familiar with Rupert knows he is rather
large and clumsy, not "stealth-like", so we were quite impressed. I
finished washing dishes and turned around to package up the leftovers, only
to see two giant red paws up on the counter and nothing on my cutting
board. Needless to say, he still demanded his dinner only a few minutes
later, and Cowboy was quite distraught to be left out of the chicken caper.

Drool to all,
Kacy w/Cowboy and Rupert