[Dailydrool] Bubba Bubba Bubba

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 5 17:42:24 PST 2013

Today we had a scare Bubba the little Basset we got from a dying man who soon after we took Bubba passed away, Bubba who had to have a cherry eye operation and nueter when we took him in, got stung by a bee today or something because his nose swelled up five times as large as normal. I gave him a Benadryl when we first noticed it and thought maybe it was an allergic reaction to the hot sauce I slathered all down the edge of my kitchen cabinet he was trying to turn into wood shavings last night. But the swelling kept up, I called the vet they said give him a second Benadryl so we did and to keep an eye on him but he just kept swelling he was getting swollen from his nose to his eyebrows by now and under his chin, His underneaths was swelling as well as the allergen went through his poor swollen body. Then he started puking, so we rushed him to the vet and he got some Prednisone and stayed about six hours at the vetmans, then he was fine he is back home tonight resting but he sure gave us a scare!! Buppies!! They get into everything and make us crazy but that only deepens our love and concern for them. I hope whatever it was he does not try to eat again.